April 5, 2020 @ 10:15a
Each and every week we look forward to this hour to gather as a community. We are glad YOU are here today with us!
Please complete the Connect Card in the seat pocket in front of you. Then, place the card either in the offering basket when it is passed or on the bookcases in the back on your way out.
We truly hope you enjoy your time here this morning and hope you return soon.
Order of Worship
Hosanna...Praise Is Rising
Passing of the Peace
Here's My Heart
Come Thou Fount
Top 10 Way to Engage Worship With Us!
Worship is not a spectator sport
- When we sing, join and sing with us.
- When we register attendance, comment that you are with us and/or fill out a digital Connect Card.
- When we pray, take on prayer posture that best suits you.
- When we greet, share "highs and lows" or a God Sighting out loud from the week.
- Grace Kids, if you are invited forward for a Children’s Message, move closer (but not so much to hurt your eyes!) to the screen! 😅
- When we celebrate the offering, use that time to give online (mygraceumc.com/give) or place your offering in an envelope to mail it to the church.
- When we share the pastoral prayer, if comfortable, comment any prayer requests, fill out a digital prayer card or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the Scripture along with us.
- Take message notes if it helps you to learn or remember.
- At the benediction, take a hand - your own or someone with you - and celebrate the gift of connection.
When they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus gave two disciples a task. 2 He said to them, “Go into the village over there. As soon as you enter, you will find a donkey tied up and a colt with it. Untie them and bring them to me. 3 If anyone says anything to you, say that their master needs them.” He sent them off right away. 4 Now this happened to fulfill what the prophet said, 5 Say to Daughter Zion, “Look, your king is coming to you, humble and riding on a donkey, and on a colt the donkey’s offspring.” 6 The disciples went and did just as Jesus had ordered them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and laid their clothes on them. Then he sat on them.
8 Now a large crowd spread their clothes on the road. Others cut palm branches off the trees and spread them on the road. 9 The crowds in front of him and behind him shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord!Hosanna in the highest!” 10 And when Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred up. “Who is this?” they asked. 11 The crowds answered, “It’s the prophet Jesus from Nazareth in Galilee.”
Apr 5 • Palm Sunday Virtual Worship • 10:15a • FB Live
Apr 5 • Virtual Coffee Hour • 11:25a • ZOOM
Apr 5-12 • Easter Photo Scavenger Hunt • At Home
APR 5-11 • Holy Week Morning Meditations • FB Live
Apr 9 • Maundy Thursday Virtual • 7p • FB Live
Apr 10 • Good Friday Virtual Worship • 7p • FB Live
Apr 12 • Easter Virtual Worship • 10:15a • FB Live
Apr 12 • Virtual Coffee Hour • 11:25a • ZOOM
EASTER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT • Available online Monday, April 6
Gather some folks to form a team (properly socially distance of course) for this fun, Easter event. We will be posting information on the website, social media, by email and text for you to experience the story of Jesus on a scavenger hunt in our community.
Then we ask that you share your photos on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: @mygraceumc) or by email email@example.com. We hope to use some of your photos during our virtual Holy Week worship experiences.
Live Online Worship • Sundays • 10:15a-11:15p
Join us live for virtual worship online. Presently we are utilizing Facebook Live, but we are looking to expand our offerings to YouTube Live and directly from our website. CLICK HERE to join us (no Facebook account is necessary).
Virtual Coffee Hour • Sundays • 11:25a-noon
Grab a cup of coffee and join us after the Sunday Live Stream via ZOOM (https://zoom.us/j/343165653). We will sip coffee and chat for few minutes. There are no agenda items other than to gather together and see your faces and hear each your voices.
Bible Study & Discussion
Tuesdays • 7-8p • Everyone is welcome to join in this virtual, online discussion group with Pastor Erick focusing on our scriptures from Sundays. We will be meeting via ZOOM. Join by clicking: https://zoom.us/j/178586054. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Erick.
Virtual Coffee Hour • Sundays • 11:25a-noon
Grab a cup of coffee and join us after the Sunday Live Stream via ZOOM (https://zoom.us/j/343165653). We will sip coffee and chat for few minutes. There are no agenda items other than to gather together and see each others faces and hear each others voices.
Sunday • April 5
- 11:30a Youth Bible Study via Zoom, middle & high school combined. https://zoom.us/j/4616462311 Meeting ID: 461 646 2311
- 5:00p: Youth Group via Zoom, middle high school combined. https://zoom.us/j/4616462311 Meeting ID: 461 646 2311
- 6:00p: Refuge Alumni (for students out of high school) via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/4616462311 Meeting ID: 461 646 2311
Wednesday • April 8
- 6:30p: Girls Small Group (middle & high school) via Zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/9409140162 Meeting ID: 940 914 0162
- 6:30p: Guys Small Group (middle & high school) via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/4616462311 Meeting ID: 461 646 2311
Connect with Greg
Please connect with Greg to hear about the virtual ways we are connecting with youth and their families for the foreseeable future. firstname.lastname@example.org OR cell: 813-695-6938
Grace Kids Worship • Tuesdays • 3-3:30p
Join Pastor Erick online via Facebook (www.facebook.com/mygraceumc) for a time of kids worship. It will be similar to our Sunday mornings. A PDF of the small group activities and links to songs will be shared with parents for fun at home.
Hangout Time with Pastor Erick • Thursdays • 3-3:30p
Join Pastor Erick and other friends online via ZOOM (https://zoom.us/j/123127568) for fun activities that can be done with things around the house. Activities may include things like scavengers hunts, story time, origami, etc...
THE GARDEN IS READY FOR YOU
NOW is the time to plant! The garden is ready and the plots are sectioned out. We have two 4 ft X 8 ft plots left for adoption by families or groups. This is a great family project to get outdoors is we are able during the upcoming curfew. Teach your children the value of fresh vegetables. Watch the plants grow. We ask that you keep the recommended distance from others. Call Carol McSpadden 813-956-7144 for your plot assignment.
LIVESTREAM TEAM NEEDED
After all this quarantining is over, we are hoping to begin live streaming our worship services each week. We are gathering bits and pieces of the appropriate technology each week and will have a really good, comprehensive system by the time we return to our campus.However, we need your help. In order to make live streaming happen, we need two volunteers each week willing to be trained to run the live stream system. It will be easy and anyone can be trained. You could choose to serve every Sunday, 2 times a month or even once a month. Please prayerfully consider being a part of this new, important ministry. This has the possibility to introduce people to Grace Community and also keep our congregation connected when they are sick or out of town. Email Pastor Erick for more information or to sign up.